Friday, May 6, 2011

1st Quilt done this Year...

I can not believe that I have not been sewing quilts this year due to the load I have put on my table.
I have been on a journey with my grand-daughter in homeschooling. This is a whole knew thing for me, as is this blogging. But anyway, I was on Easter break/ spring vacation and I was inspired with some of my stash. So I pulled out an old favorite pattern, "Yellow Brick Road" by Adkinson Designs and away I went cutting up the little pieces of fabrics that I have saved, for a someday project. This is the day that I have been looking for all year. I finished the quilt top and used up stash and am pleased with the results. As well as having it done with in a two week period and still teaching. An Amen to that.
The year is almost over and I am able to go on a retreat this summer with some friends who have been doing this now for a few years. but is has been made possible by a friend. God Bless her, Lois Thank you.
So with that said, I need to get with the work load that has a awaited me all afternoon. More gardening.

How many quilts have you completed this year so far?

1 comment:

*Jesi* said...

that looks beautiful. You are so very talented i luv ya