Thursday, January 30, 2014

Get In Touch

If you are here for the Grow Your Blog,  go here.



I can not believe how this week has just spun by. So many of you have stopped by to just say "Hi". How great that is. I am so happy that the party has gone so well. I need more hours in my week to get to all of them. But I am sure I would still need more time. Surely other things would crowd in and around the clock to just get a little of my attention.
I have been in touch with so many people this week my head in still in a whirl wind spin. I am amazed. But hey, the clock still is ticking and we still have time to get in touch with so many more.
Mean while I have been handling the home front, with a thread and a hum in my soul.
Last weekend we had the Local Quilt show in Ontario -Road to California. I was planning on taking my grand-daughter, but well she ended up staying home with her mommy and little brother. That gave me all the time in the day, and I took it.
When I arrived I ran into a friend I had not seen in about four years. It was great, we toured the whole show together, then went our separate ways again. I saw some real beautiful show pieces. Traditional quilts really I guess are my favorite. There is talent in all art , but the traditional quilts take me back to when they were done by templates and newspaper, and hand. Okay, hand is to much for me, I can't hold a needle for ten minutes, but I wish I could.
I found some fun pieces of fabric to make some beautiful items for my shop. I even picked up a different material. I can't wait to see if I can work with it. If so, I will show you when I get it done. Or heck I may have to ask you your opinion, when the time comes, I will try to get in touch with you.
And today I was able to alter one of my items when some one got in touch with me. It was the first time I took apart a wallet and added more credit card slots. I am glad when I can make someone HAPPY to where they are singing.
Hope you are having a wonderful day and glad you stopped by for a visit. Do come again.

5 comments:

Kim said...

How lovely that you visited a quilt show. There is always so much inspiration to feed the soul. Oh my goodness, the two quilts photographed are quite simply stunning!!

Angie in SoCal said...

So glad you went, Judith. Those were two of my favorites, too - Sharon Schamber's masterpiece and the other made from Kim MacLean's pattern -also a masterpiece. These shows are so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judith, it's so nice to meet you! I am glad you found me amongst the hundreds of blogs in the party... I am most definitely your newest follower and shall look forward to reading future posts. Gosh, I haven't been to a quilt show in ages but I am always awed by the intricate hand or machine stitching that covers the quilts. I have so many quilts in various stages of completion I should be ashamed of myself (giggle) but that doesn't stop me from falling in love with new patterns and fabric all the time :D
I just love the background on your blog... it's so colorful and cheerful!
Well, I'm off to get some more blog reading but I will be back soon.
Hugs from a new friend on the other coast in New Hampshire,
Beth P

lynn cockrell said...

Hi, Judith! Dropping by from the GYB party. Thanks for stopping by Mimi Mine, my blog, and for leaving a comment. I have really enjoyed my visit here at your blog. The pictures of the quilts from the show are beautiful!

I checked out some of your projects and your work is lovely.

I have signed up to follow you with G+.

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Hermosos!
Saludos desde Chile
Maru
http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com