Friday, October 28, 2011

Pineapple Star SOLD

I had never paper pieced before and had the opportunity to be taught by a friend of mine. She took the time to teach about six of us and we had a great time. It was a truly a learning experience and one I realized I was not able to repeat. I hated throwing so much fabric away that was to small to be used else where. I loved the quilt though and so did another friend of mine who then bought it from me.
I am so glad to have been able to learn this technique even so.


The quilting was done by my sister, Donna Heppler.

Amy's Creativeside is having another quilt festival.
So check out this site and see this seasons quilt festival by clicking here.

12 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a beautiful quilt!! I paper piece some of my quilts but I agree it feels as though a lot of fabric is wasted. The results are so lovely as your quilt shows. I know your friend who has it now must treasure it. Happy Bloggers Quilt Festival!

Borderline Quilter said...

Wow...this is a beautiful quilt....could you share your pattern source.....I too know what you mean about the fabric wastage but if you can achieve such wonderful results as you did with this quilt then it may be worth my time to learn the technique .... being a longarm quilter I really appreciate seeing how your DS has quilted this quilt.....thank you also for taking the time to become a follower on my blog.....

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

Lonci said...

Beautiful quilt:))

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Gorgeous quilt with gorgeous quilting. A real beauty!

Alisa said...

Beautiful work!

Desley said...

Gorgeous quilt, and so intricately pieced. Like you I am not a fan of the wastage in paper piecing, but it can be so accurate. Your sister's quilting is beautiful. Does she have a long arm, or did she do it on a domestic machine?

cauchy09 said...

holy moly that's a gorgeous quilt!

Eileen said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Love the colors and fabrics. Quilting is lovely, too. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Julie Fukuda said...

I like all kinds of star quilts and this is a new one to me. I'm wondering if it could be done by hand.

Quilt Genius said...

I just love Lonestar quilts. :) They are so pretty!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Kit Lang said...

Lovely quilt, lovely quilting! thanks for sharing. :)

Katie said...

It's so pretty and I'm glad you showed a closeup of the blocks because I was trying to figure out how it went together! The quilting is beautiful. I would have had a hard time parting with this one, so I hope your friend truly appreciates it!