Friday, April 29, 2011

Phone Calls..

Yesterday was a really strange day for me. I was excited about Punkin being in the play at our end of the year bible study.
While I was in the moment of the joy, I guess I got a phone call. Phone being on silent I didn't know it had come through. A little while later I received another one. Well it came through again only to go to voice mail.
What is going on?
I realized as we were headed home that I had gotten these calls. Both were from family and both were strange. They were about what was happening in the mid-west. Again about family. I had no idea the sooooo many tornados were touching down and that they were HUGE.
I got home to find another one from another family member to tell me that all was good.
So Happy to hear that my loved ones are safe.
Hope yours are too...

On another note, we went to the local quilt show. IEQG. Great time seeing all my friends who I have worked with, served while working in local quilt stores. Quilters are the best people in the world. So loving and sweet. I so miss these ladies and was blessed to be around so many today.Oh the quilts were nice also.
Best of Show
helped put this one together


taught this one in a class

Karen in the shot is the owner, hand appliqued

wonderful friend, wonderful quilt

No comments: