Friday, March 18, 2011

Punkin's Plot

     So today we went to the nursery and picked out some plants to plant. Since our heirloom seeds haven't arrived yet .
     We had done our home work and found out that raspberry plants DO NOT do well in the heat of our town. We need to be on the coast or in a different state altogether.
     Plan "B" came into play. While we were at the nursery this afternoon, we looked at all the wonderful flowers and veggie plants and came up with these for starters.
     We went to work as soon as we got home and added our amendments to our soil. We had planned out the direction of which way she wanted the plants to go and we went to town.
    
     Oh did I mention plan "B"? Instead of raspberries that she had her heart set on , she decided to plant corn. She said that she wanted to plant corn for 'me'. How Sweet !!! She is the best.

     Anyway, we worked together well and she learned a few things about planting trans-plants. I really think that this is a lesson that she will remember for ever.

     Did I happen to say that this was our own little field trip? Well it was. We walked pulling our little red wagon. We got our plants as well as new garden gloves and there was three of us that went, for the whopping low cost of $21.00. We didn't have to pay traveling costs or parking fees or is it just a one day adventure. This may be one of the best field trips with a triple win win situation. Would that be a win win win situation?

     Any way, we finished  planting the last of the flowers before she had to leave for the weekend.
I believe she would have stayed all weekend if she knew others wouldn't miss her.

     I will plant the rest sometime this weekend , if it doesn't rain the whole time. But I have to remember to go to my 'Growcology' class tomorrow afternoon. Soil/ Composting is the subject. I'll let you know what I find out if you want. Just let me know.

So have you started your summer garden yet? What are you growing this year?
large lizards that freak out my daughter

No comments: