Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh my aching .....

amendments added after sifting
So today I added amendments to part of the raised "U"bed. I found out I need more Dirt than I have.
I live on a pretty good sized lot and I don't have enough dirt. What is wrong with this picture?
I need good soil for growing vegetables in. I don't have enough compost yet from my STASH.
STASH, isn't that a key word that We all have so much of that we don't know what to use it in.?

 (Oh wait that is in fabric terms for us quilters, which I think I still am?...)
Okay well this is dirt and I know we all have plenty of dirt but I need MORE.
never to young to learn
I can't even believe I want more dirt, but I do. I was thinking of how to get it with out it taking to long like compost and also not costing me an arm and a leg.
 I really need to think this one through.
On another note, tomorrow morning I have to make a trip to a friends house to get horse manure, and while I am away I need someone to sit at the homestead to wait for my worms that need to be signed for. Does all this sound nuts? I think it might and this is all so I can get more good DIRT.
SWEET  :)
corn 1 1/2 week apart in planting
Anyway, with all this said I did manage to get a few tomato plants in the "U"bed. We also planted some more corn in Punkin's plot. My daughter's boyfriend contributed to the ranch.
So this is how my community garden has begun.


Has yours been started?

No comments: