Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recovering

Young scholars field trip
As my last post was some time ago, I don't think that there was even a title, due to the sickness in me( I fixed it now :~). I didn't even think of the title.
Well today I am a bit better than I have been all week. I don't remember the last time I actually had the flu. I have been ill along with my grand-daughter.
Last weekend. we went to a field trip to the Post Office, then off to a small group meeting and combined park day for the children.
OKAY enough mail for one day!
So she went off to her daddy's family and I had the rest of the weekend to tackle.
 Friday night, my husband and I went to Barnes and Noble and purchased a Nook book, as a early birthday gift for him.
Then on Saturday, after he played with the nook and I had to many thing to accomplish before going to a friends husbands funeral. I was tried before I even went. But hey, it was so great to hear that the Lord was waiting for him to arrive to his eternal home in heaven.
It was good to see so many quilter's supporting her and suppling the reception with foods. And there was plenty.
Has I got home that evening, we had to do some more shopping, running around, because my garbage disposal was dust, as well as the blender. So needless to say, it was late before I was able to sit down to rest only to get up the next morning to to go to Sunday service and to serve in Children's Ministry.
 As I was starting to leave my youngest daughter was leaving and called me. We visited a bit and then she ended up coming to spend the day with me. She was recovering from having a cold.
Late that night I took her home to her grandmothers home and came home to crash and burn. Not realizing that I was really going to crash two days later.
On Tuesday morning I had a rough cough. Wow, where did that come from, I had wondered. It hurt. Punkin came to school with a head ache and before the day was over she had a fever of almost 102*.
Wednesday we didn't have school. She stayed home and I just kind of relaxed. But by the end of Thursday, I was just a wreck. I was not able to sleep in my bed on Wednesday, because I could stop coughing. I even tried the Vicks vapor rub on the bottom of my feet with socks on. I knew I had to let my husband sleep so he could go to work. I ended up in a chair, up-right.
Thursday, I slept in my bed almost upright. I could not believe the dreams I had. The heat I was producing within my body was over whelming. Hot spot all night long, but I made myself go as long as possible. It must have been about 4:00am , when I finally could not take the pain in my head any longer and got up to take some Tylenol. Talk about breaking a fever. I woke two hours later to a soaked bed. I thought I had just got out of a pool with a t-shirt on. The bed sheets clung to me like I had. I didn't know what to think, except that I had slept.
First things first was to change into dry clothes, then strip the bed and get the sheets washed.
Punkin was coming to school today, just like yesterday, but wow, did we ever have a laid back school week. But thats why we home school. If by chance things are not so good, we can do that. Sure we read our daily devotional, and did a little bit of book work, but not to much cause we were not all together well. Friday, was different too. We did our devotional and we read a bit, but then we watched the Sound of Music, and read American Girls story, Felicity. We talked about the times tables and we enjoyed just being together, while it rained and was cold outside.
Wow what a week. I am still recovering from this yuck of something. I have had three nights of wet sheets now, just not to the extent of the first time. I still have the ever ugly sounding croup cough that hurts, and I still don't have the strength to sew or make orange marmalade, but I am better.
Orange Marmalade with blood
oranges from a friend.


I can not stand to just sit or lay around, but I have had the time to read a book call 'Candle in the Darkness' , by Lynn Austin.
Just a bit of history in a novel, about the days of the Civil War.
So to say the least , hope all is well on the other side of the fence, and that to know I still have another day to recover from this  is reassuring, Tomorrow is Presidents day and there is no school .


Small Group meeting/ Park day
passing out valentine's
Yeah!!

No comments: