Friday, November 11, 2011

What Do We Tell Them

Spend time with friends 
I understand that not everyday can be the perfect day, and by all means yesterday was not one of them.
We went to a required mall group meeting (SGM) for our homeschool.
We decided to join the day time group so that Punkin could meet more children her school age.
And well yesterday, we went.
Only to have to leave very early.
Why, one may ask. Punkin was bitten by a cat. Who's? How? Why?
All these questions I can not answer. She was playing on the playground one minute and screaming,
"I have a hole in my arm , Grama", the next.
I don't have pictures to show you because she didn't want me to take any.
When is it that as we walk out the door in the morning that we tell our loved ones, "Be careful and don't pet any stray animals today"?
I have been telling her all her life not to get in dogs faces. She loves animals, but they do not love her.
How do you get that through a young child's mind?
 I don't know if this experience will even help her to learn, why.
I will say this though. The Lord moves...
We were 20 miles away from the hospital, and were there in 14 minutes. And we were in and out with in the hour.
Cat bites are nasty, and have 85% chance of causing  infection.
She a few scratches and a tiny hole on the upper side of her fore arm and a little bit bigger hole on the under side. Doctor said to take antibiotics for 10 days and keep it  uncovered.
So that is what is happening. We will see her again Monday morning with hopes of a good result.

On another note, I am working on a quilt for the possible In-laws.
 I got the directions from Cindy Carters, Jelly Roll Mystery Quilt 2011, but didn't get to it in time. So with all that is going on in my crazy part of the world, I decided to put a little something together.
I am using Bali Pops. And not doing so much cutting.
But I have had to draw a stitching line on all of them because they are not true 2.5" strips. Ug.


Anyway, I know I can not get this done before the wedding that is in two weeks from today, but maybe by Christmas? I don't know. So much to do in so little time.
Like what do I tell them?
OH WELL.


No comments: