Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Productive...

This was one of the better days of this year as far as productivity goes.

           Punkin stayed the night so she was on time for school.
   My youngest daughter had a successful job interview. Then came by to help me try to make Orange Marmalade. I say try because last year every batch I tried to make turned out to be syrup.
       She also showed a new dish that I had not had before.
And I made home-made Pumpernickel bread.

   Punkin was up and ready for oatmeal and toast by 7:30am and we were doing our daily bible reading by 8:30 and we even finished school by 2:30. Okay we did yesterday also,but two days in a row. I adjust stoked.

      My daughter came by right after her interview and we had lunch and then began the process of making the Orange Marmalade.
  Of course we read the recipe and still didn't do as it said. We added the sugar right away and we were supposed to wait about 40 minutes, whoops.

     But I think we may have actually succeeded this year. I believe it will be marmalade and not rock candy like my husband and I made several years ago. It is a little darker than my girl friends that used the same recipe from Food Network, Alton Brown's. But tomorrow I am going to open up one of the jars and try it.



   So after we finished making the jam, we made Tilapia with sweet potatoes and yams and steamed vegetables.
    The Tilapia, was fried with olive oil rubbed on it with herbs sprinkled on each one. The potatoes/ yams were pressured cooked with orange juice and brown sugar. And this became a syrup to pour over them in the end.


We had a very enjoyable meal with good company and it didn't take all day or night.


It was a very productive day and now I can relax.



Love It......

No comments: