Sunday, January 23, 2011

Playing Hard

This weekend I was at a Quilt Show called "Road to California". It was great to see so many faces and try to place where I have seen or know them from. So many were doing the same . "Oh Hi", with the look in their eyes of 'where do I know you from'.

 Quilters are some of the sweetest people I have ever met. But you get them all together in a place like this and some can be done right rude.

Although, I thank the Lord for the calm disposition He gave me this weekend. I just smiled and said 'Thank you'  when the transaction for their purchase was complete. We did good though. Man can women spend money. They whip their money and cards out like a cowboy with his six shooter. Some count every penny and wonder why it cost so much, while others never blink an eye at the total. Wow!!!
There were times where all I did was ring purchases and take cards and money for hours, never seeing an end to the line. At the end of the first day , I was wondering if maybe I was slow, but almost ten thousand dollars at the end told me "NO". On the second day which was Friday, I didn't move for fours hours except for the upper part of the body. No I was not sitting, but I was stuck to the place where people pay. And over ten thousand told me I wasn't to bad that day either.
Yes women can spend. And this stuff is for their therapy. It keeps the home happy.
I had a really good time and was so glad at the end of each day. knowing that I was sleeping in my own bed.


 There were a few times the last day
where we were able to take a breather and a potty break with out having to rush.

These are a few that I liked as I was able to walk through the show before the doors opened to the crowds.


 Eleven bus loads on Thursday, nine on Friday and eleven more on Saturday. Yes we ran out of stuff. But that did not stop them from making their final purchases up until the end of the show on Sunday.





 The Birds are still on the road for yet another show in Phoenix and then on their way home. But this is how they survive and make a living, I just did it for the weekend. Whew, don't think I could do that all the time. But I was glad to be able to play, it was fun.


close up shot of just a really cute quilt pattern
love this .


Over all I had fun and am glad to go back to the home life. 

Yes I found something  to buy myself. A Flannel quilt kit in green. Maywood Studios flannels are the best in my book. This kit has everything to finish a 62"x77" lap size, everything, except the batting. I am ready. I haven't bought fabric to make a quilt in over two years. I have been using my stash. So I gave in. It was a great deal. And my best friend told me that I earned it,  so buy it.  
  I love my best friend.

No comments: