Monday, January 3, 2011

Fresh Start

       So today was our first day back to school. Home-school that is.
   As I was doing my daily reading with my lord. I asked Him what must I do to do this teaching thing right with good results.
   He reminded me of Isaiah 41:9c-10. 'I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' And then in verse 13 of the same chapter He say's, "For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, "Do not fear, I will help you.' "   I love it. He is so good....

    So as I started my day, He gave me the thought to not go beyond 4:00 in the afternoon. Since school started in September, we have very long days. My grand-daughter has no sense of urgency in anything. Time is like "What is that". She dilly-dallies . She is not dumb in any sense of the word, but SLOW. Oh my, is she slow. Just plain not in a hurry at all.
So this morning after her mommy brought her a hour late. I explained to her that anything that did not get done before 4:00 would be homework. Then at that time she would have to deal with her mommy being a teacher at night. Oh she didn't think mommy would like that. So she seemed to not dilly-dally as long today. It was a great day. We really did miss each other over the two week break.
 Of course at the end of the day is when I told her mommy the new rules and maybe that may get her to bring the child on time. That is when my grand-daughter decided to want to do a craft,. I had to tell her that comes when she has done her required work in the school hours of the day. She just may have got the idea. We will see what tomorrow brings.

We did take a 30 minute Key board break though. We got it for her for Christmas and she has not been able to play it since Christmas day. She was at her moms and then her dads. So today was a fresh start and we enjoyed it.

           This morning I found a young finch at the bottom of the avery. It was so cold I brought in to try to keep it alive. It wasn't doing well and I just felt sorry for it out there.
                  This is the first time Punkin has ever held a real bird. 

She was hoping for it to be her new bird, but after it drank a few sips of water and hopped around a bit, it went to birdie heaven.
     
At least we tried and she was able to hold it.
Made her day. 


 I

No comments: