Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rainy Day feeling...



Okay so today I couldn't help but have that rainy day feeling, again.  Some may know that it has been raining since Sunday here and we don't usually have days like this. We may get a sprinkle here and there and sometimes a bit of real rain. But Rain that just keeps coming down and really has nowhere to go except down. Down that is in the dry soil and bedrock. I thought we may get a lake out back if it didn't stop soon. Then just like that it did. But a bit later it just let loose, The heavens I mean and it came down in buckets. And then stopped again. I think it may be over for now, here in these parts anyway.
Mama said there would be days like this and I can not remember too many of them as it was today and yesterday, but we needed it and I pray it is not all we get this season. Lord know we can use more .
Days like this causes one to go to their stash of fabrics and pull them out and start sewing. So that is what I did. Started to sew on a scrappy quilt I cut scraps for a few weeks ago. Been saving scraps since the late 90's. Found a really good pattern that I can use lots of them on and now we are in business. I think it's like a scrappy Buck-Eye Beauty. Hey and I like scrappy. It keeps the eyes moving. Anyway lots of pinning and then some stitching and of course trimming up and squaring up and we should have a really cool quilt in about three months. Quilt top possibly if nothing else. I'll see how far I get with it before we go back to school.


In the mean time, it's time to go read.....

No comments: