Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Bride of Christ..




      Today I went to the year end Koinonia of my summer Thursday bible study group. The theme was "The Bride of Christ". We all dressed in black and white and we were to choose a Covenant Promise scripture to share. We could wear veils if we wanted to and had them. We were to bring our favorite appetizer, and bring our favorite wedding picture.
    I arrived at least a half an hour early. Thought I was only 15 minutes. But it just prepared me for the day.

    The setting was beautiful. The food everyone brought was fabulous and in abundance. The ladies arrived in mostly black and with veils. It was great fun.
   The photos were view by all and of course mine was in a photo album of our trip to Israel, where we got married on The Mount of Beatitudes. It caused questions but it was all good.
   We all got a number that was on the back of a poker chip. I was 4. Okay. Wow, I really like the #3. But oh well. So we all fellowship like a bunch of hens in a hen house. lots of laughter and cameras flashing.
  We began the worship with a poem and then singing. Soon to share our Covenant Promise. I had chosen Romans 8:38-39.
We learned that we would read our scripture to the person with the next # and that would be ours. Wow, I would get #3 after all and I received    2 Corinthians 11:2. Another wow. I love what the Lord has promised me in this scripture and as each woman received what the Lord had ordained, it was great to see how it fit perfectly. The Lord is so good.
    I had a great time and ate to much good food and was full of the Spirit of the Lord .
 I love days like this.

No comments: